What I can do
I can give an independent, high quality view of your products and processes. Some examples of particular expertise are:
- Designing and developing underwriting philosophy for specific markets or pricing strategies
- Establishing an efficient approach to get relevant answers that appeals to customers and reduces claims issues
- Reviewing your reinsurance relationships and tender packs – ensuring you are getting the right price for all the work you do
- Reviewing your onboarding experience – how effectively does the underwriting and new business process work for your potential clients? I can work together with IFA experts to develop a suitable development plan.
- Improving electronic rulebases – examining the questions you ask and the way you deal with the answers to fit the customer experience and price points that you target
- Improving distribution management – effectively measuring and changing the quality of the business coming in – and effectively present this to reinsurers
- Delivering targeted training – including enhancing the commercial awareness of underwriters and explaining the significance of underwriting to other areas of an organisation
What I won’t do
- Try and create a one size fits all approach rather than identifying the best solution for your specific situation
- Add complexity and complications to justify my existence
- Share knowledge from one company to another
If you ever think that I am breaking these promises please shout and holler loud and call me to account!
Media / Blogs
- 26 Jan 2018CI Statement of Best Practice Review – Alea responseThe below is a copy of my response to the Public C...
- 26 Jan 2018Underwriting mental health – Cover articleFollowing articles in The Guardian newspaper on li...